INSPIRING PASSION, CREATIVITY AND CONFIDENCE SPRING Term 8th Jan - 23rd March
Tel: 07968 378995
Observance of the following rules, regulations and policies is implicit in the acceptance of a place at ROKH Dance. ROKH Dance reserves the right to refuse entry to classes if these rules are not complied with. ROKH Dance reviews and amends its policies and regulations on a regular basis and advises parents and teachers to read this document thoroughly.
1. All pupils must complete a registration form and must receive notification of a place before any classes are attended. By signing the registration form, the parent/guardian has agreed that they have read the ROKH Dance School Regulations and associated Policies.
2. When you sign up for classes you are agreeing to an ongoing monthly commitment. Classes are purchased in monthly blocks. Should you wish to cancel your classes you must give 4 weeks' clear notice. The effect of this is that if you give notice part way through a month you will still be charged for the following month and your child will be able to attend the classes within that final month. Our reason for having a notice period is so that we can keep class sizes small so that your child has the best learning environment. When you give notice we can invite someone from our waitlist to join the class. You should not terminate your recurring monthly payment until the last payment has been made. Refunds are available in accordance with your statutory rights.
3. Fees are paid monthly via Direct Debit. Fees are non-returnable and will not be reimbursed for absence.
4. It is an integral part of learning the discipline of dance that the pupils wear the correct ROKH Dance uniform to all classes and rehearsals and should be dressed ready to start class before entering the studio. Dance shoes should not be worn outside.
As part of the required discipline of Dance and in order to help the dancer feel prepared to work, hair must be worn in a bun for all Ballet classes. Pony tails, pigtails or plaits are suitable for modern and tap classes. Pupils may be refused entry to class if hair is not correctly styled.
Jewellery must not be worn during classes (including Fitbits) and should not be brought to class.
Mobile phones must be switched off, and the teacher has a right to confiscate mobile phones if used within the duration of the class. Your child will receive the mobile phone after the lesson ends. NO chewing gum is allowed in class.
5. It is the responsibility of the parent to name ALL pieces of uniform and to check when leaving that they have all their possessions with them. It is understood and agreed that no liability under any circumstances shall be undertaken by the principal for loss of personal belongings. Please leave all valuables at home.
6. Please inform us if your child is suffering from any health complaints or allergies.
7. Discussions with teachers before or after classes should be avoided. If you have any queries or concerns please contact the Principal by e-mail.
8. Teachers are not available to supervise late pickups. Students must remain inside the building until a responsible adult / parent collects them.
9. For security purposes, the main doors of all premises must remain closed at all times. Pupils must not leave the premises without a parent or guardian. It should be noted that the students are only under the responsibility of ROKH Dance teachers whilst in class. Please wait with your child until they enter the studio. It is highly recommended that parents remain at the venue for the duration of your child’s class or nominate another parent to be the ‘responsible adult’ in your absence. Please ensure your child has been to the toilet before class commences.
10. Parents are not permitted to watch classes unless specifically asked to do so. There will be opportunities throughout the year to view the children’s progress.
11. ROKH Dance is an Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance School working towards the highest standard of training. This results in examinations being taken when and only when the Principal believes the pupil has reached the required standard. A letter will be given to the pupil when they are ready for an exam. The reply section of this letter should be returned promptly, together with the appropriate fee. If fees are not received by the due date, the pupil will not be entered for the exam. Examinations require a lot of hard work, dedication and require attendance of extra examination classes to ensure pupils are at the correct standard by the exam date. Students will be entered for examinations at the discretion of the Principal.
12. If a pupil wishes to undertake auditions or other classes at a different school it is professional etiquette to contact the Principal of the School in order for permission to be granted.
13. The School reserves the right to end a student’s attendance at the school for reasons such as non-payment of fees, incorrect dress or unacceptable behaviour.
14. Please respect the building and property where the classes are taking place, by keeping the noise level low and the rooms tidy and free of rubbish.
16. The Principal must be notified of any changes of address, contact number and email address.
17. On the rare occasion that classes have to be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions and no travelling has been advised by authorities, ROKH Dance will notify parents via e-mail and Facebook. A text message or phone call may also be made. In such cases the school will not reimburse or replace classes.
Where a class has to be cancelled due to staff illness, an alternative class time will be offered.
Be respectful of everyone.
Everyone is working their hardest and deserves support and friendship.
Treat each other well. Do not bully or be unkind to others because they are different from you in any way.
Always try your hardest. Do your best for yourself, not for other people and be proud of everything you achieve.
Do not harm anyone else intentionally either with your words or your actions.
Talk to us about anything that worries you, help us to help keep you safe
Be supportive of all our pupils, do not encourage unhealthy competition, and do not ridicule any child for their efforts or for their differences
Enable your child to do their best for themselves, support them with attendance, uniform and taking part.
Talk to staff, ask questions, tell us what is important to you and discuss any concerns to help us, as staff, to do the best for your child
Support staff to enable them to do the best
Encourage all pupils to do their best
Make sure that the time they spend with us is fun
Make sure pupils learn something new or improve on something every session
Allow children and young people the opportunity to express their views and join in on decision making
Give children and young people a full and enjoyable experience of the dance world.
Respect diversity and equal opportunity
Keep up to date with training skills and legislation
Demonstrate openly that we support our young people and will keep them safe from harm for example bullying.
Join us on Saturday 30th March from 10.30 - 12.30 for a morning of fun, chocolate and crafts. Wear wellies (and wet weather gear) for a stomp around the village hunting clues before warming up crafting, having faces painted and enjoying some lovely refreshments in aid of Glue Ear Together, our charity of the Year.
Tickets go on sale 1st March